Tuesday, September 7, 2010

No Line on the Horizon

Had fun at our local Labor Day regatta, ABYC putting on a top notch event. Leaving the dock on Saturday was just flat out weird. We had breeze, probably 10-12, but still had the marine layer (fog to my Blighty chums). Normally its cleared out by the building heat and breeze. But today was really different. Once out of the channel it was full on foiling, upwind at 15s. Yes, I disappeared straight into the fog bank at speed. Couldn't see anything except water about 20 m in front and that was it. Sailed out for 5 mins, then tacked over toward sailing area, and had another 5 mins before I started to pick out oil island and other boats. Strangest wildest and scariest 10 mins in the Moth.... ever! Thought I was going to start to navigate with the Velocitek!

Fun day out. used Simon's settings from his blog, front hole on foil (I'm usually in the middle hole, no comments please) and the wand wound to top of settings (my usual ). I've got the gantry wound out 1 and may go to 2. Really nice set up, for some reason seemed really stable platform through the gybes. Had good speed vs the I14s, so collected some more nice set up numbers. Ah numbers, numbers its all a numbers game!

Role on the ISAF regatta end of the month

No comments:

Post a Comment