Saturday, April 2, 2011

The Morning After



I'm awake, just. My body hurts. I feel like I've been run over by a truck. Welcome to Moth Pac Rims Day 2! Yesterday was a bit of a tour de force. Wind 8 - 18s, 7 races, all fast and furious. There's really an intensity to Moth racing that just exist in other classes, at least not the one I've been invoved in. At some point I'm going to wear my heart rate monitor during a race. I would bet when were upwind, we're anaerobic the whole way. Still a ton of fun, had a bit of a bug so plenty of puking, which isn't fun when youre hiking your ass off. And yes big speed down wind. 26.8 in one memorable gust.

More to come, over and out from Kaneohe

2 comments:

  1. Hi Richard! Thanks for the update. Any talk of dates for this event next year? I have to make vacation requests. Thanks, Karl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thik we need to figure out our location for the 2013 Worlds and then work back from there. But for sure Kaneohe will be on our list for next year

    ReplyDelete