Monday, July 25, 2011

Ghost in the Machine

At last weeks Moth Madness I saw some pretty sweet numbers on the max speedometer (ProStart). Quick investigation of the track down load showed this. So to believe my 33.6 knots average speed I think I have to believe a 43 knots and a 35 knots. I was shifting in some big pressure on relatively flat water, but is too long a stretch for me. So unless any of you techy mindset mothistas out there can interpret this differently I'm calling a "ghost in the machine". I can guarantee that it wasn't from being frustrated and throwing my Pro Start! Shame as it was quite exciting for 24 hours.

Reflecting back on the Gorge, hadn't been in the boat for a while, and when it blows there, that place gets into my head. Lesson is to strap on your big girl panties, harden the f#ck up and send it.

Beyond that it was very interesting how much I had to wind off the ride height going down wind at high speed (28s). When I forgot to wind it back on upwind, I was really riding low. It always amazes me how sensitive the boat is to a half turn on the ride height.

I'm going to get the SoCal Mothistas going again with a couple of training sessions (Long Beach and Coronado) as well as focus on Halloween and Turkey day regattas where we should congregate next.

Over and out from LA.

No comments:

Post a Comment