Sunday, November 14, 2010

Its a 3 way....

Well sports fans going in to the top of the 9th and its a 3 way tie.... Three races and Chris Rast, Zack Maxim and me all with a 1,2,3. Chris won last race and I came third so on count back I guess that gives Chris the shot with me in the caboose. Nat was consistent with 4ths and Jimmer and Karl (once again riding the FrankenMoth) trading places in 5th and 6th.

Small rear foil was very interesting. Fast, very fast down wind, funnily enough very easy to tack, but seemed to struggling stopping the boat pitching in the usual short period Long Beach chop. Overall so far, I'd say a winner. Only other change I made was more rake so I can pitch the boat more bow down up wind without too much lee helm. Seems fast.

Breeze was 10 -12 and PRO set a wickedly short line so starts were intense inc a mass OCS on race 2. Predictably for winter the breeze shut off like a tap at about 3:30 so we were limited to 3 races but it was INTENSE!

De brief occurred around a keg of Firestone at top of ramp, the it was all in for a Belmont shores curry and as you'd imagine the talk was all wings!

Last day coming up and it's all to play for

Over and out.....

No comments:

Post a Comment