Saturday, April 3, 2010

First attempt at on board photos

First attempts at on board photography. I don t think Thierry Martinez has anything to worry about quite yet. Still builds the skills of sailing with one hand....

Great day at Long Beach, nicely coupled with an, lets say, unusal boat set up. By the time I realized I had waaay too much AoA, I was pretty beat. Blowing about 15 - 20s, coupled with teh Long Beach power boat chop, and I had monster height, which of course led to the usual large crashes. First time I have ever been able to stand a Moth on its nose, with me still in the hiking straps. Figured out best set up was use the back hole on the case, reducing AoA, and making the boat much faster and predictable. Found my boat sspeed in several long up winds with Nat in the very rapid Chinchilazilla. Games came to an early end after Nat down hauled the mast through the top of his sail, well Karl's sail. Only 1 more V6 to go! Regaining the channel was no easy feat as it was starting to blow by this stage and the chop more confused than ever. Awesome foil, sending it straight down the channel in flaaat water!

No comments:

Post a Comment