Tuesday, April 13, 2010

My legs ache




OK off Moth topic but on Sunday we rode Stage 8 of the Amgen Tour of California, a tough 63 miles and about 5000ft of climbing with two climbs up the fabled "Rock Store " climb. This was to support the "Breaking Away from Cancer " charity. All this after about 4 hours in the boat on Saturday. Rode another 53 miles today as I get ready for the amateur race on the same stage during the Tour itself. Yes its official my legs ache! On the way home thought I'd take the easy way out a call Liz to pick me up before the final climb to our house. My wonderful wife was there waiting, great, bike in the back, turn the key, battery dead. F*ck! Phone towing service, bike out, leave Liz with car, ride rest of way home, legs now killing me and on the verge of bonking, Liz gets jump start, takes car to garage, pick her up in my car, come home, legs still aching like hell, now really hungry, eat and going to bed! Only hope this will help me for the up coming three days of hike like hell racing that is a Moth regatta...





No comments:

Post a Comment