Saturday, February 26, 2011

I've Got the Power

Wow, what a day, very "other world" compared to our usual Long Beach days. Arrived early, wind already cranking. Bit of a slow sail through the channel as I was being shadowed by the Coasties. But once outside it was on.... Turkey Day 2 Redux. Blowing dogs off chains, cold in a SoCal kinda way and a big ugly chop. Was winding off the ride height adjuster but for some brain fade pulled the wrong way so had max height and yes max wipe outs till I figured it all out. Once I had my setting back then Yee Haa, popping through 27 knots again down wind. Still I was out on my own, not even a power boat in sight and felt pretty exposed in those conditions. So set to some training tacks and gybes but general boat handling. Happy to see what I learnt in Turkey Day epic stuck and had fun in big conditions. Also had a ton more rake on. Makes boat easier to handle but tacking harder, just need to nail more foiling tacks

Realized I need to pack my boat tomorrow for Hawaii.... at least it'll be warm there

Over and out from Long Beach for a month or so........

No comments:

Post a Comment