Thursday, August 19, 2010

The Boys are Back in Town


The boats back, Bora and the US Air force are giving it heaps over in Europe, .......

All's well with the World!........

Except.................

"and all the while I sit here, Charlies out there in the jungle getting stronger"......

Cue the sound of helicopters and the intro the the Doors singing "This is the end"........


Its killing me not being over in Silverplana with the team. I'm really enjoying my racing and getting better, and whilst I'm sure Bora, Nathan and probably the top 50 can sleep easy, living vicariously through them is just not easy for me, especially as it looks like I can't make the Worlds this year. I think it shows how the foiling Moth can really get under your skin, its just such a fun boat and a really fun group of sailors. So as the Euros comes toward its close with 3 days left and Bora within 3 points of Nathan, thoughts, wishes and positive vibes go out to Bora. If he wins this it would be a brave man who would bet against him at Belmont, another venue with a reputation for a breeze. It will also go some way to negate some of the criticism levelled at him after Dubai. as they say "cometh the time, cometh the man".

For me got a few practices I need to nail:
  • Not enough windward heel going to windward. I'm going to try lowering ride height a bit so I can lean over more without sucking air down the main foil. Hopefully we'll get a few out Saturday so I can do some testing
  • Get the new CST up and running on the Raptor. A stiffer section will really help with closing the leech and going high, going fast
  • I'm almost there with the foiling tacks, consolidate and the recent vids of Nathan tacking has helped me understand the last moves exiting the tack....
Over and out from Long Beach



4 comments:

  1. Hi there Foilertown! Can you tell me where the Nathan tacking videos are?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Richard:

    Any link to Liz's pics from Harbor Springs?

    Just wondering.....

    Joe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joe,

    Still to get them up yet, I'll get on it this weekend

    ReplyDelete
  4. Graham,

    Take a look at the Euros opening video, nice segment of Nathan tacking

    Richard

    ReplyDelete