Monday, August 9, 2010

Everybody Getting High

North Americans Day 3.

Storms greeted us on the last day, but they quickly cleared to allow us to get 2 races in before the wind shut off completly. Adam was crowned a worthy Champion.

I had just an awesome regatta, getting stringer as it went on, record three 2nd places in last three races, almost winning the last 2.

I feel I've achieved what I wanted, got the Raptor going, got my consistency back post the Gorge, all systems working really well now, tuned up boat pitch (thanks Chris) and really found some upwind speed.... My mojos back!

When I got home this morning my new CST mast has arrived, so I can now build that into the program. I've a much better set of settings for it. Having sailed the Raptor with the McC mast as wel as the CST I think its definately more suited to the stiffer mast. Liz took tons of photos as usual so I've got some nice comparison shots between the Bear / Bora stiff mast sets ups and mine. You can see the difference in the leech profiles up wind. Given that we all seem to pull vang on till you cant pull it on any more, the difference should be the mast.

1 comment: