Thursday, May 13, 2010

Best Moth Trailer in the World pt 2: Does my Ass Look Big with this Trailer


OK, 6ft by 10ft by 36" turned out to be massive. See pic 1! Quick re think and the use of the grinder and its now down to 18" high, see pic 2. Looks much better and still has awesome storage, now I won't be towing someting the size of a family caravan around behind me. Vic has made a really sweet mounting system on the lid as well so all cool. Will be a few more weeks before it's finished.

Even better news my foil and push rod have arrived so I'm back in business for this weekends Skiff Fest in Santa Barbara so no more tangential posts. Normal service will be resumed!

6 comments:

  1. Gotta be 3 tall to be the best, with room for forth if we could get it up there!
    yours is best for the big box though.

    (Best open trailer maybe, the big arse trailer Bora's uses is best outright?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a enclosed trailer in Australia that takes a moth inside in a specially padded area. THAT is what you need to beat to be the "best".

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will have the ability to carry a second Moth on the "Double Decker". Thought about an enclosed trailer, there are several 29er and I14s here that tool around in the back of converted race car trailers, but it would look crazy behind our little Honda as Honda would fit better in the trailer than towing it. I saw Bora's at the PCCs, that is big no doubt, but is ex race car so think I can still make the claim. Can't wait to get sailing again tomorrow, then I can blog about sailing not trailers. Skiff Fest regatta report up tomorrow night..

    ReplyDelete
  4. So are gonna see this trailer in SB or are we gonna have to wait?

    ReplyDelete

  5. Thanks for your great information, the contents are quiet interesting.I will be waiting for your next post.

    Enclosed Box Trailers

    ReplyDelete